About the P3 Alpha Morph Ratings System
This is the exclusive place to get the best and most comprehensive ratings for the hottest ball python morphs on the market! We have come up with a simple and intuitive rating system called the P3 Alpha Ratings.
It's safe to say that 99.99% of people who own ball python morphs have intentions of breeding their snakes. The other 0.01% just keep them as beautiful pets... but are tempted to breed them anyway! Whether you're a small private breeder or a large scale breeder, it's always good to have an ear on the street to see what's gaining steam and what's hot and what's not.
On many forums you'll hear a question similar to "what morph should I get?" or "what's the best morph for $5k?" or "what should I breed to an orange dream?" Then a slew of replies with multiple morphs are made, bringing attention and research into morphs you may have taken for granted or that were under the radar (sometimes called 'sleepers').
Sometimes there are morphs that come out with a combo so outrageous that the demand skyrockets overnight. Such seems to be the case with the asphalt gene and the mardi gras ball python (enchi freeway). As you can see form the pic, it is a masterpiece of purple, orange, red, and yellow! The asphalt gene was considered by some as "just another yellow belly complex gene" that will eventually suffer the same fate as specters and sparks by sharp price increase followed by a rapid drop. However, in early 2014, Brant Rustich of Major League Reptiles produced the mardi gras and the community is buzzing about the asphalt gene.
We made this rating system specifically to find out what morphs people like based on intuitive morph characteristics. Now you can find out if the buzz for overnight sensations like the mardi gras are justified!
The P3 Alpha Factors
Everyone has different tastes when it comes to how they like their ball pythons to look and how they react in combos. Our P3 Alpha Ratings decompose these components into the following three P's
- We know it's the first letter in the Greek alphabet, but what does it have to do with ball python morphs? The answer is twofold:
Finding out how other hobbyists feel about certain morphs is a natural curiosity of any snake breeder or keeper. We encourage everyone to participate for the better good of the hobby. Plus, participants will enjoy special discounts and prize giveaways.
The P3 Alpha ratings provide:
Please follow these guidelines during your rating experience:
Without further ado.... let's start rating!
*** Ratings are suspended at this time and will be back soon with new morphs to rate.
Show me the animals
Interact with us
P3 Alpha Ratings
Join our mailing list for email updates and special offers!